GLSPS Awards Program Purpose
As a voice in the Midwest preservation and diving community, the GLSPS seeks to acknowledge and express their gratitude to individuals, organizations, and businesses who have contributed to the improvement of our environment and exemplify GLSPS ideals and ethics.
To honor these contributors, GLSPS has created three categories of awards differing in what contributions they acknowledge and the process for nominating recipients for the award.
GLSPS Appreciation Award
– Awarded to any non-board member individual, organization, or business for longstanding support of the mission, goals, and projects of GLSPS.
– Nomination can be made by any current GLSPS member.
Dive Community Contribution Award
– Awarded to any individual, organization, or business for exceptional service to the dive community or for going beyond the call of duty to do something that benefits the upper Midwest scuba diving community.
– Nomination can be made by any member of the community.
C. Patrick Labadie Special Acknowledgment Award
– Awarded to any individual, organization, or business that has made exceptional contributions to the upper Midwest preservation, history, or dive community.
– Nomination can be made by any GLSPS Board Member, but suggestions can be made through the GLSPS Board of Directors.
To nominate an individual or group for the Dive Community Contribution Award or the Special Acknowledgment Award, please complete the GLSPS Awards Program Instructions and Form. The nomination deadline is January 1st of each year – please let us know ASAP if you may have a late nomination.